Congress and governing bodies are enacting new laws, regulations and mandates on a frequent basis, making it difficult – and costly – for businesses to be in compliance. Tilson’s trusted risk management professionals stay up-to-date on the never-ending employment regulations and reporting practices, to help you navigate, comply and protect your business.
On the front lines of advocating for small businesses.
Tilson is actively involved at the federal and state levels of government affairs for the PEO industry and their clients to represent the interests of small businesses. Notably, as industry chairman, CEO Brent Tilson helped pass the Small Business Efficiency Act and recently led the effort to change the PPP loan language for the benefit of PEO clients.
Relax, we have you covered.
Federal, State, and Local Employment Laws
We’ll manage the many reporting requirements and filings that come from each government level.
- W-2 and Employer Payroll Tax Filings (940 and 941)
- Collect and remit federal, state, and local taxes for payroll
- ADA, FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, and more
Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Claims
We’ll work with you on workplace injuries, claims management and responding appropriately to Unemployment Claims.
- Workers’ compensation incident reports
- Annual workers’ compensation audits
- Annual OSHA reporting
- Unemployment Claims initial response
- Unemployment Claims appeal hearings
Harassment and Discrimination Training
We’ll provide state mandatory harassment and discrimination training via a third-party resource in conjunction with our EPLI carrier.
- Online video learning annual training
- Online video learning new hire training
- State compliance monitoring
Protection and Risk Management
We provide the insurance and tools to help mitigate the never-ending employment-related liabilities and risks.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Workers’ compensation insurance
We’ll provide best practices for managing employee relation concerns and utilize templates to provide efficiency in your documentation.
- HR professionals are available to advise on employee relations concerns
- Provide best practice guidance from hiring to firing
- Offer tools and templates for warning notices, performance improvement plans and employee separation
Ongoing Monitoring and Guidance
We’ll continuously monitor federal, state and local labor laws and provide education and documentation to assist you in maintaining compliance.
- Interfacing with employment federal agencies such as OSHA, EEOC and DOL
- Provide educational resources, emails, letters, and posters for managers and worksite employees
- Verify labor laws for new hires and terminations to ensure compliance